The time has finally come! The main cast of the new drama series based on the classic ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’ 90’s sitcom has been announced. We previously reported on the choosing of the main character Jabari Banks, a Philadelphia native slated to play the role of Will. The rest of the cast has been picked. Scroll below to find out who they are.
- Newcomer Jabari Banks as “Will”
- Adrian Holmes as “Phillip Banks” (At That Age, V Wars) Cassandra Freeman as “Vivian Banks” (The Enemy Within, Atlanta)
- Olly Sholotan as “Carlton Banks” (Run Hide Fight, Evolution of Nate Gibson)
- Coco Jones as “Hilary Banks” (Let it Shine, Vampires vs. The Bronx)
- Akira Akbar as “Ashley Banks” (We Can Be Heroes, Captain Marvel)
- Jimmy Akingbola as “Geoffrey” (Most Dangerous Game, In The Long Run)
- Jordan L. Jones as “Jazz” (Rel, Snowfall)
- Simone Joy Jones as “Lisa” (The Chair, What If)
Set in modern-day America, Bel-Air is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90’s sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” that leans into the original premise: Will’s complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air. With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases that were impossible to fully explore in a 30-minute sitcom format, while still delivering swagger and nods to the original show.